Building Blocks Adoption Service, Inc
An Ohio Christian International and Domestic Adoption Agency
UPDATE: At this time we are only accepting applications for Ohio families seeking to adopt from Ethiopia. Referral of children ages 2-3 years of age will take about 18 months. Children over the age of 3 may have a shorter wait time. Flexibility in gender is best.
Could you be the one? There are thousands of orphans in Ethiopia waiting for a family like yours!
REQUEST YOUR FREE ADOPTION GUIDE TODAY!
GET STARTED! OHIO FAMILIES APPY TO START YOUR HOMESTUDY HERE!
"With God Everything is Possible"
"And Sarah said, God has made me to laugh; all who hear will laugh with me" (Genesis 21:6, AMP). Is there a dream or promise in your heart that seems impossible? Sarah was 90 years old when God gave her a son. After the birth of Isaac, whose name actually means laughter, Sarah was so full of the joy of the Lord that she just had to laugh! What looked impossible with man became possible with God.
WHY WAIT? God's children are longing to be part of a family. Could you be that family?
The Ethiopian International Adoption Program
Thousands of Ethiopian children are living in institutions. Many children are orphaned due to poverty and death of parents due to diseases, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS and other related illnesses. Children who are abandoned have little or no birth background.
Children are well cared for in Ethiopian orphanages but are in need of a loving family. Children are tested for HIV and other basic illnesses prior to being referred to a family. The staff in Ethiopia monitors the health and care of the children.
The Children in Ethiopia
The ages of children range from approximately 3 months to 14 years. An equal number of boys and girls need adoptive homes. Families hoping to adopt an infant must be open to a baby up to 12 months of age.
Why Ethiopian Adoptions?
• Beautiful children
• Referrals of children are generally young
• You can choose the gender
• Short time frame to travel from acceptance of referral
• CHI provides quick and efficient personnel in country
Parent Eligibility for Ethiopian International Adoption
• One parent must be a U.S. citizen.
• Ethiopia prefers that both parents travel; however, one parent may travel if necessary.
• Married couples must be married for at least three years, some single women are accepted on a case-by-case basis
• Parents must be in good health.
• For an infant adoption, parents must be 25-45 years old to adopt.
• You must be no more than 45 years older than the child you are adopting.
• Ability to show sufficient income to parent a child.
Available Children from Ethiopia Information
• Children available for adoption are babies, toddlers, older children, sibling groups, and children with special needs.
• Families can adopt two unrelated children at the same time. If one is 0-24 months old, the second unrelated child must be 25 months old
• Children can come home from Ethiopia less than 12 months old and up to 14 years of age.
• Children are African/Ethiopian and dark skinned.
• Parents can state a gender preference.
• Children are available for adoption due to abandonment or relinquishment of rights due to poverty, disease or death of parent.
Ethiopia Referral Times
Families adopting children 0-4 years old will likely wait for a referral. Families adopting children over age 4 might be able to choose their child from a waiting list. The wait for a referral varies by child's age and gender. The wait could be 12-18 months from completion of paperwork to referral. And from the acceptance of a referral to travel to Ethiopia is approximately 4 - 6 months. The typical time frame for completion of adoption from dossier submission can be 10-15 months.
Travel for Ethiopian Adoptions
All court dates scheduled after May 1st, both prospective adoptive parents will be required to be present for the adoption hearing in country. Families with court hearings scheduled after May 1st can anticipate needing to travel to Ethiopia twice. The first trip can be a very quick trip as you only need to be there to meet your child and appear in court. The second trip is about 5-10 days. You will be met at the airport and guided by a representative through the whole process. Escorts are available at an additional cost. Note: The Ethiopian Gov’t prefers at least one parent travel to bring their child home for Ethiopian Adoptions.
Building Blocks Adoption, A Christian International and Domestic Adoption Agency
We believe God is in control of our destiny and with God all things are possible. We believe adoption is a biblical principle and that All of God's orphan children deserve the right to a family.
Building Blocks assists with all domestic services such as dossier prep, homestudy services, post adoption, education/training, travel, and referral process assistance for the adoptive family. Building Blocks has service provider agreements with CHI, who is licensed by the government of Ethiopia. They provide approval of all adoptive families and assistance with the in- country process including, but not limited to, in country travel arrangements and final adoption processes.
"Building Blocks is not licensed with the government in Ethiopia to process adoptions, but we have a partnership with Children’s House International who is licensed by the Ethiopian government to place children in US adoptive homes from Ethiopia."
Due to the nature of international adoption, all information contained on this page is subject to change without notice.
*ethiopia Adoption, Ethiopia Adoptions, Ethiopian Adoptions, Ethiopia Adoption Agency, Ohio Christian Adoption Services, Christian Adoption, Christian Adoption Agency, Ohio Christian Adoption, International Adoption, Domestic Adoption, Ohio Adoption Agency, Ohio adoption